The digital world has created a place where reasoning and AI-generation in schools has been deteriorating critical thinking. Students have found ways to shortcut work by relying on new AI technology meant as a tool and guidance. The student's integrity of work is so fragile because of websites like ChatGBT. The students may also be using the wrong reasoning on accident with false information from AI-generated technology. The internet is still learning how to flush out the false information and AI-generated content from student aged children, but this way of learning is brand new. Being more aware of where our information, as teachers and students, is coming from relies on how well we research and read about the new waves of technology tools our students have access to.
Where do you see the greatest professional risk for educators online?
Teachers are people, but we have an image to uphold to be seen as responsible to teach students a majority of their day. Teachers may be more at risk of their digital narrative to different administrations or parents. Nowadays, a lot of teachers were some of the first generations to grow up with the internet so it's easy to get caught up in it. We now are judged by how we are perceived in our job interview and our digital footprint. The job industry will look into a person's character and the fastest way to look is their digital narrative of their personality. Teachers risk getting too comfortable in the digital world; they may expose too much of their life. There can be a thing as too much information (TMI) for people to know about your life on the public internet. Teachers need to look perfect from every direction which includes our digital narrative from parents and administration.
How has your understanding of digital citizenship shifted from behavior management to professional responsibility?
I have to be aware of where I am on the internet and where my students are on the internet to be the most responsible as an educator. Teachers are responsible to be professional in every aspect. I now understand how my online perception can send the wrong message I never wanted to send. Not only can administrations see how online life is, but students and parents also have the right to know how our online identity shows our professionalism and responsibility. Beforehand, cleaning up some pictures and names online was the most you had to do, but now it's making sure to be responsible for the life we show the internet. I understand how a teacher's digital citizenship is not a way of acting, but a way of presenting yourself to the internet.
What is one concrete practice you will implement to model Digital Citizenship 2.0?
To model digital citizenship, I will make sure to keep up with the new technology being used in schools and on the internet the students may have access to. I believe the only way to know how we are portrayed on the internet and how the world is evolving in technology is by reading the news and talking with people. When you are in the community it is easier to see what the students need or what new technologies they are using in school.
Complete this sentence:
As an educator in a networked democracy, I am responsible for… keeping myself up to date on the technology advances that I or my students could be exposed to, which would change our way of learning.
Teachers are people, but we have an image to uphold to be seen as responsible to teach students a majority of their day. Teachers may be more at risk of their digital narrative to different administrations or parents. Nowadays, a lot of teachers were some of the first generations to grow up with the internet so it's easy to get caught up in it. We now are judged by how we are perceived in our job interview and our digital footprint. The job industry will look into a person's character and the fastest way to look is their digital narrative of their personality. Teachers risk getting too comfortable in the digital world; they may expose too much of their life. There can be a thing as too much information (TMI) for people to know about your life on the public internet. Teachers need to look perfect from every direction which includes our digital narrative from parents and administration.
How has your understanding of digital citizenship shifted from behavior management to professional responsibility?
I have to be aware of where I am on the internet and where my students are on the internet to be the most responsible as an educator. Teachers are responsible to be professional in every aspect. I now understand how my online perception can send the wrong message I never wanted to send. Not only can administrations see how online life is, but students and parents also have the right to know how our online identity shows our professionalism and responsibility. Beforehand, cleaning up some pictures and names online was the most you had to do, but now it's making sure to be responsible for the life we show the internet. I understand how a teacher's digital citizenship is not a way of acting, but a way of presenting yourself to the internet.
What is one concrete practice you will implement to model Digital Citizenship 2.0?
To model digital citizenship, I will make sure to keep up with the new technology being used in schools and on the internet the students may have access to. I believe the only way to know how we are portrayed on the internet and how the world is evolving in technology is by reading the news and talking with people. When you are in the community it is easier to see what the students need or what new technologies they are using in school.
Complete this sentence:
As an educator in a networked democracy, I am responsible for… keeping myself up to date on the technology advances that I or my students could be exposed to, which would change our way of learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment