Monday, January 19, 2026

Who Are You As A Learner, Teacher, And Tech User - Loriana Noriz-Diaz

 

  1. Your Learning Story:

            As a learner, I have always enjoyed learning in school as I was good at remembering information for the assignments and tests given. I noticed school was a constant in my life that gave me a skill to do daily, so I believe I was a good students who did all my work. It took my years to understand how I learn the best, but in college I learned how to grasp information about my learning from collegial books, to take notes, and realize what kind of lectures work for my brain to grasp information. For me, it’s easier to remember class information if I write down notes to refer back to, but not every class is a notes/lecture type of class. I am challenged in the education department to be more hand-on for the type of career path. I am starting to shift my learning skills to be more hands-on, but taking small notes or reminders help me remember what to do during my education classes. 

  2. Your Teaching Story:

            I wanted to start teaching as a way to keep my own teacher’s lesson alive by becoming the amazing teacher they were to me. There will never be enough teachers to fill districts in the world nor enough teachers who care for all their students. My teachers made me feel seen by caring for my education to help me better my life. I want to be that caring teacher who pushes their students to be the best for their own future and the world’s future. I want to bring resources and safety into my classroom for students to flourish into the best cruising of themselves. Resources and care are the most important qualities I experienced that I want to take into the future. I want to give the same opportunities I had in school to my future students so they can accomplish their own dreams.  

  3. Your Technology Story:

            Everyday I am using technology to function through daily life. I wake up with my phone in my hand to check my emails, text messages, and to look at social media. I am not off my phone till I go to class, but still check my phone during class. In class, I am still using my iPad to write my notes down and following along which is still connected to my phone notifications. All my books, website access, assignment access, and notes are on my iPad, computer, and phone. I understand technology is embedded in classrooms for the better access to tools to support students learning, but technology can be take advantage of too easily. I am afraid of classrooms relying on technology to teach rather than teachers. I want technology to be a tool and not a replacement for schools. 

  4. Looking Ahead:

            I am curious to see how this class will help me understand how technology is integrated with learning. Teachers need to know how technology works in order to keep our education and curriculum up to date, but how do we use it properly? Keeping up with the real world is important to always understand what the students are experiencing outside the classroom. Our students are being more surrounded by technology than we have been, so I’m curious to know how we have gotten this far where we can’t separate technology and teacher. I’m also curious how teachers can balance out technology being in the classroom and still doing hands-on teaching with the students in the physical world rather the digital world.  

1 comment:

Analytic Scenarios (ELA 9th Grade Data) - Loriana Noriz-Diaz

Data Set for Ms. Lopez's 9th Grade English Class: Independent Reading & Comprehension  Questions: What does this data actually tell ...